Year 9 Music
Teacher in Charge: Mrs W. Fleming
What is it?
• The exploration of the fundamentals of music through performance, composing, listening and reading music. To learn 21st century skills such as working collaboratively, develop creativity, make connections, think critically and embracing culture.
What does it involve?
• Playing a musical instrument; the voice is recognised as a musical instrument.
• Solo and group playing.
• Creating your own music using Garage band software or Sound Trap or Incedibox.
• Learning to read and write music and notate music heard.
Learning about the Elements that make up music through performance and composing.
Lots of practical hands on work with some research tasks
Where does it lead?
• Year 10 then NCEA Level 1 – 3 Music.
• Sound engineering, performer, teaching, advertising, music industry.
• A lifelong enjoyment of playing a music instrument and the chance to make new friends by playing in music groups.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Term 2 and 3 Option classes $7.50 for Sound Trap License.
Recommended Prior Learning
Must have an interest in playing or is already learning a Musical Instrument (please note the Voice counts as a musical instrument)
Course selection will depend on the option lines and student numbers. There is no guarantee that the courses you select now will all be available for you in 2021.