Level 2 Geography - Natural Geography - Semester A
Teacher in Charge: Mr M. Meade
Geography is the study of Earth's landscapes, peoples, places and environments. It is, quite simply, about the world in which we live. Geography is unique in bridging the social sciences (human geography) with the natural sciences (physical geography). Units of learning in Year 12 include:
- Natural landscapes around the world
- Natural processes and human impacts in the Amazon Rainforest.
- Geographic issues - mining conservation land
- Geographic skills - maps, aerial photos, satellite images etc
- Important people, places and events from NZ and around the world
Recommended Prior LearningTIC and/or HoF discretion
Course selection will depend on the option lines and student numbers. There is no guarantee that the courses you select now will all be available for you in 2021.