Year 10 Food Technology - Semester A
Teacher in Charge: Ms K. Williams
What is it?
• Food technology provides an opportunity to develop your skills in the preparation, cooking and storing of food. You have the opportunity to demonstrate your creativity while working to create your own food products.
What does it involve?
• Skills in the use of food room equipment and ingredients.
• Investigation of the nutrition of foods to make the best choice of ingredients for the foods they design.
• Designing and making interesting foods for a particular issue. e.g. Real life cafe situation, food market or Restaurant meal.
• Designing and making individual food products in a competitive environment. e.g. Burger Competition.
Where does it lead?
• NCEA Level 1 ,2 and 3 Hospitality.
• Experience the various areas of food and hospitality service.
• A wide range of options in the Hospitality industry, from catering to hotel service and management.
• Gaining confidence in preparing and making food for self or family or going on to Polytechnic or University.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
$60.00 for ingredients
Recommended Prior Learning
Course selection will depend on the option lines and student numbers. There is no guarantee that the courses you select now will all be available for you in 2021.