Teacher in Charge: Ms R. Cameron
Fabric Technology provides an opportunity to learn the skills and knowledge needed to successfully sew clothes and other items. Students will learn some applied design techniques and make a pair of shorts, followed by a t shirt.
What does it involve?
• Basic skills in the use of a sewing machine and overlocker, including putting in a zip and buttonholes.
• Make a t shirt following a commercial pattern.
• Investigate and try some applied design techniques techniques.
• Gain an understanding on planning, brief development and understanding on how to evaluate an outcome.
Where does it lead?
• Year 10 Fabric technology.
• Gaining confidence in being able to sew for fun
Basic machine skills - sewing machine and overlocker
Fabric knowledge - woven and knit fabrics
Reading, understanding and following pattern instructions
Shorts construction including pockets, casings, hems, buttonholes
Professional looking finishing techniques.
T shirt manufacturing and design
Sewing knit fabrics - tools and techniques
$30 to pay for fabric and other materials used to make projects.
Course selection will depend on the option lines and student numbers. There is no guarantee that the courses you select now will all be available for you in 2021.