Level 1 Geography - Our Natural Environment - Semester A
Teacher in Charge: Mr M. Meade
Geography is the study of Earth's landscapes, peoples, places and environments. It is, quite simply, about the world in which we live. Geography is unique in bridging the social sciences (human geography) with the natural sciences (physical geography). Units of learning in Level 1 Geography include:
- Extreme Natural Events - Mt Tarawera eruption
- Current Geographic Issue - 4WD access on beaches
- Google Earth application - Tsunami threat in the Bay of Plenty
- Geographic Skills - Maps, aerial photos, satellite images etc
- Important people, places and events from NZ and around the world
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Field trip costs.
Recommended Prior Learning
TIC and/or HoF discretion
Total Credits Available: 14 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 8 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 6 credits.
Course selection will depend on the option lines and student numbers. There is no guarantee that the courses you select now will all be available for you in 2021.